When I first started this blog, I had hoped that it would get me out more with the girls, get me to do more things. Well, I am officially exhausted from doing all the “things”. We have not spent one day at home this week. I have managed to wear out my toddler – which I didn’t even know was possible, and Anniston has been giving me dirty looks because she hasn’t had a good nap in three days. But here we go, the first thing we did this week, we went to the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Discovery and Science.
This week I have managed to leave my house by 10am every morning, this is huge because Juliet doesn’t even wake up until 9:30. We got to the museum by 10:30 and it seemed as though the crowd was about twenty minutes behind us the entire day. The first floor was basically created for toddlers, so, once we got there, I took Juliet out of her stroller and she never got back in.
Five reasons we loved this Museum:
5. The giant gated play area where toddlers can run around freely and moms can (kind of) sit back and relax.
4. Pretzels. The only lunch choices are Subway or Auntie Anne’s, but who doesn’t love Auntie Anne’s?
3. It is directly across the street from the Intercoastal, an added bonus when you have a child that is obsessed with water.
2. A robot in a trash can. The singing recycling robot put the biggest smile on Juliet’s face and had her doing the Hokey Pokey for about ten minutes, all while learning to recycle. Who am I kidding, Juliet didn’t learn anything about recycling, but she did learn to dance like no one was watching.
1. Sea Otters. Just, Sea Otters. I could have watched them for hours, and I could have watched Juliet watch them for even longer.
Now we are off to do more things…